Best Nacho Cheese Sauce
Tailgating? Superbowl party? Potluck? Whatever the reason, you'll want to keep making this recipe every chance you get!
First, a quick shout out to Modernist Cuisine for creating the perfect nacho cheese recipe by using citric acid, a naturally occurring preservative found in citrus fruits, such as lemons and oranges.
Ready to dive in?
Here's what you'll need!
- 285 grams (about .625 pounds) of sharp cheddar (or cheese of your choice!), grated
- 2 teaspoons of citric acid
- 2.5 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 jalapeños, finely diced (optional if you like to bring the heat!)
- Combine water, citric acid, and baking soda and stir well until combined.
- Add in milk and bring liquids to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add in your cheese in small batches, making sure to whisk constantly. When all cheese is fully melted, add in your jalapeños, stir well and serve!