Easy DIY Lollipops
Ever look at a sweet and think, "I wonder if I make do that"? We're here to tell you that, yes, you can!
We've got the easiest DIY lollipop recipe for you, and don't worry – no need to be a professional baker to try this out.
Here's what you'll need:
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Lemi Shine 100% Food Grade Citric Acid
- 3/4 cup of corn syrup
- 1-2 drops of oil-based flavoring
- Food coloring or edible glitter(optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Silicone mold (this recommendation comes with lollipop sticks!)
All stocked up? Let's get started!
- Place your lollipop sticks in the silicone mold and set them aside for later.
- In a small saucepan, add 3/4 cup water, 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 3/4 cup corn syrup, bringing it all to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir well and cook until the mixture reaches 300°F. Pro Tip: Don't sweat if you don't have a thermometer. We recommend keeping an eye on the mix, and after around 15 minutes, drop a little bit of the mixture into a glass of ice water. If it turns hard, it's ready. If it's still soft, try again in 2-3 minutes. Repeat until the sugar mixture hardens when dropped in cold water.
- Once the mixture hits 300°F, remove it from the heat immediately and stir in 1/4 tsp citric acid powder, edible glitter or food color, and oil-based flavoring.
- Pour a small amount of the sugar mixture into each lollipop cavity, Making sure to cover the lollipop stick completely. Decorate as desired, and then let the lollipops harden (approx. 20 minutes) before removing them from the molds and wrapping them up.
That's it! You're ready to impress with your newfound baking skills for all to enjoy.