Freshly ironed clothes feel great, but can make your clothes look terrible if your iron’s steam vents are spewing muck and clogged with limescale and mineral deposits. Fortunately, irons are easy to clean if you do it with Lemi Shine® Booster on a regular basis.
Read before use: Always test Lemi Shine Booster on a small, inconspicuous area first. Rinse, allow to dry. Check the manufacturer’s suggested cleaning instructions. Not recommended for silver, fine china, or any painted or enamel-coated materials. Some stains or build-up will require repeated or longer treatments. Adding more Lemi Shine powder than directed increases the risk of color loss.
- 2 tbsp Lemi Shine Booster
- a cup of warm water
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of Lemi Shine® Booster in a cup of warm water.
- Pour the mixture into your iron's water reservoir — make sure the iron is cool and unplugged.
- Clear the steam by plugging in and turning on the iron. Set to steam and leave for at least five minutes.
- Let steam flow out freely by pressing the steam button and holding for 20 to 30 seconds. Repeat at least six times.
- Turn off and unplug the iron. Let it cool, then empty of any remaining mixture.
- Keep your steam iron clean by doing this regularly, at least once every two months.