10 Tips to Help You Celebrate the Holidays Safely
The holidays are looking a lot different this year, and cleaning house is about more than impressing your guests, it's about keeping your family safe.
Here are 10 tips to help you celebrate the holidays safely.
1. Follow the CDC or your local state’s guidelines when celebrating the holidays. You can read more about how to safely celebrate the holidays here:
- Considerations for Events and Gatherings
- Guidelines for Holiday Celebrations and Small Gatherings
- Cleaning And Disinfecting Your Home
2. Check the current COVID-19 levels in your community and assess if you should cancel, postpone, or limit party attendees. After all, you can always do your party virtually (Plus, less cleaning to do too!)
3. If you are celebrating, limit the number of people at your gathering. If possible, only invite those within your area.
4. Pro tip: Use Lemi Shine Multi-Surface Antibacterial Spray on non-porous, high-touch surfaces. Our formula kills over 99.9% of viruses and bacteria, even the flu! Plus, our formula doesn’t contain harsh chemicals, so it’s safe around family and fur babies.
5. Encourage attendees to bring their own hand sanitizers (must contain at least 60% alcohol according to the CDC), masks, and face shields. Have extra supplies ready in case anyone forgets!
6. Remind your guests to practice social distancing (6-feet apart, please!). It’s a good idea to rearrange furniture ahead of time to encourage this.
7. If sharing food, have one person serve the food and use single-use plastic utensils.
8. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. And remind your family and guests to do so too.
Get in the spirit and sing one of these while you scrub:
- The first verse of “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” sung twice
- The first verse of “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer”
- The chorus of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town"
9. Clean and disinfect your bathroom in the morning and evening or after times of heavy use. Use Lemi Shine’s Bathroom Antibacterial Spray. Our formula kills over 99.9% of bacteria and viruses without bleach or harsh chemicals. Plus, it's made with biodegradable ingredients!
10. Pro Tip: With Lemi Shine, you can skip all that pre-wash and scrubbing. Take your dirty dishes straight from your table to the dishwasher with minimal contact. Our Dishwashing Detergent and award-winning Detergent Booster will do all the hard work for you!
The holidays are all about family—celebrating what's important to you with the people you love. But even more important this year is your family's health and safety. So, from our family to yours, stay safe and have a happy and healthy holiday!
Want an easy to follow holiday cleaning checklist? Click here to get our Ultimate Guide to Holiday Cleaning!