2020: The Year of Small Wins
Time to Get Real
You made it! The first month of 2020 is nearly over, and hopefully, things are getting back to “normal.” If you’re like 60 percent of Americans, you made at least one New Year’s resolution. And, if you’re like 92 percent, you will likely forget about those well-intended resolutions in the coming weeks. Wherever you landed, we give hats off to you! Shiny new resolutions are great but so is making it through the day with the kiddos in one piece. That’s why we’re dubbing 2020 as the year of Small Wins, and to celebrate all the hard (and sometimes thankless) work that goes into keeping a family happy, healthy and safe.
It’s time to come clean, and trade in those popular, lofty goals like losing 20 pounds or working out every day for more attainable things, like spending more time with family and friends. Take clean hands and a reasonable bedtime as a win – because success, no matter how small, is a victory, and you are a champion. *Cue Self-high five*
With that in mind, we’re offering up a few of our “Small Wins” for 2020: little things you can do around your home that have a bigger impact than you might think.
Small Win #1: A clean kitchen with zero gross chemicals.
Did you know that the majority of traditional kitchen cleaners come with a long list of nasty chemicals? We prefer to be open about what goes into our products. We know you just want a clean kitchen without having to worry about any toxins you’re potentially exposing yourself and your family to. That’s why our kitchen cleaning products are super powerful yet consist of zero toxic residue.
The truth is, traditional cleaning products have long convinced consumers that a clean kitchen means you have to use chemicals like chlorine, bleach, and strong fragrances. Us? Nah. Lemi Shine uses the power of citric acid to provide a deep clean that’s powerful and safe. So, wipe a corner of your counter, or clean a dish or two with one of these fabulous products, then go Netflix and chill:
- Dishwashing detergent, rinse aid, and booster for your dishwashing machine
- Dish soap for the sink
- Multi-surface antibacterial spray or wipes for your counters, and
- Dishwasher cleaner to keep your dishwasher looking and working like brand new
Small Win #2: Finding clarity in clear glass
Searching for clarity? Looking for that glass half full kind of mindset? We are here to serve you! Whether it’s wine glasses, mason jars, storage containers, or anything else clear and breakable, Lemi Shine Dishwashing Detergent and Rinse Aid will pack a powerful punch for your glassware. Our citric extract formula breaks down grease and grime naturally, without icky chemicals that are anything but zen. Bonus: it breaks up hard water buildup, crushing those relentless spots that manage to stay no matter how hard you scrub. So, skip that early morning yoga glass, and repeat after us: “I don’t need dirty chemicals to clean my glass. I don’t need dirty chemicals to clean my glass.” NAMASTE, LADIES AND GENTS!
Small Win #3: Squeaky clean kids’ stuff, even when they aren’t
Real talk: a house without misplaced toys and rogue socks isn’t a home. Also, real talk: germs love children and children love germs. Germs are everywhere, from bedding and blankies to toys and highchairs. Here are our top tips for keeping things clean:
- Use Lemi Shine Dishwashing Detergent and run the “Sanitize” setting on your dishwasher to clean more than dishes: lunch box containers, bottles, pacifiers, and small plastic toys. Fun fact: you can put many of these on the top rack of your dishwasher!
- Use Lemi Shine Disinfecting Wipes to wipe down highchair seats and trays, larger toys, remotes, electronic devices, door handles, toilet handles, faucet handles, crib railings, and kitchen and bathroom countertops.
- Use Lemi Shine Laundry Pacs to wash clothing. Also, have your kids change out of their school/daycare clothes as soon as they get home and throw them in the wash along with plush toys, stuffed animals, and blankets. Then, dry on the hottest heat your items can stand.
Small Win #4: Time for Yourself
his is a legit resolution in our eyes, and also one that we think can be won in small ways.
A spa weekend is a glorious treat but so is 5-minutes of deep breathing during a quiet car ride, or a REALLY good bop on your favorite playlist. Whatever it is, find your “you” moment and let’s revel in it together.
Here’s to 2020!